Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Random thoughts after being “Engaged”


The Saying- I have heard people saying everything changes after one meets its soul mate. The priorities changes, the feeling and emotions changes and the outlook changes, in short, the whole world changes for it. Everything seems to move in slow motion, as fantasized in yash raj films, and love is what one finds ever where. Isn’t all these so surreal? I always thought this to be some type of arbit bakwass and masala for our very own Bollywood films, until this happened to me.

I remember that day when I had the first glimpse of my fiancé. By the way, it was her picture and not her. It was somewhere in the March’s last week when I was on a small trip to Calcutta. I liked her at the first instant. I thought of her as the one whom I always wanted to be in my life, someone whom I always wanted to be my better half.

Things progressed; our families met and had the initial discussions. I was called to meet the girl I liked at the first glimpse (in picture, of course). First meet followed by the second meet after a few months and things were finalized. I was ready to accept her as my better half and she was ready to accept me as her soul mate. The natural outcome of this acceptance was a formal ceremony last month – Roka or Engagement.

My Feelings- Having been in the committed relation for sometime now makes me think about the changes that I have felt, about my feelings and myself, in last three weeks. To begin with, the feeling of being into the relationship is awesome. There’s someone on the earth that cares for you more than herself, isn’t that amazing? The thought that you are in somebody’s thought is fabulous. Someone who is interested in smallest of small thing you do in the entire day. The existence of that someone is special.
Someone with whom I can share my innermost secrets. That someone to whom I can speak my heart out. Isn’t it so natural? Isn’t so beautiful?
The one with whom I have already started to plan my life, my life with her. Rather, our lives. The one who is always in my thoughts, and beautiful they are.
That one who is more important with each passing second of my life. That one without whom I cannot dream a complete and blissful life. That one who is now the love of my life, in fact, that one is my life now.

That someone is Sucheta, my fiancé and my would-be better half.  

What my friends has to say-I would divide my friends in two categories. First ones who are unmarried and will crib after reading this and second are the ones who are married and will still crib after reading this write-up. A natural reaction after reading this write-up will be that I am out of my senses and am on cloud 9. Hawa mein uud raha hoo My answer to such a reaction will be-
For those who are unmarried- You have to be in a relation to feel this. It’s a feeling that can only be felt but difficult to describe.
For those who are married- You guys have already been through this feeling and you know exactly what I am trying to convey. Shadi is a motichoor ka laddu and I want to have it.


Excited? Yes I am. With a feeling of excitement, and at the same time being nervous, I and Sucheta have taken first step for our togetherness. Getting engaged on last 21st was just the first step of wonderful times ahead. And I know in the store of time more happy times are waiting for us.
Amen.

Link- Pictures of myself and Sucheta on the Engagement day are in the embedded FB link. Through these pictures I wanted to share my joy and happiness with all my lovely friends who were not present at the ceremony. 

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful article.... by reading dis... even i wanna be in a relationship nw...lolzz... i jst wish u guys to stay happy foreva... @ravi.. meri sucheta ka dhyan rakhna...lolzz... bt beaware...shez like a tension..hahaha... bt shez really very sweet n a very good person and a frnd... n sucheta is really lucky to have u... best wishes!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete